Wednesday, March 20, 2013
Frank Flores, Jr. was terminated from the College of DuPage for a disorderly conduct incident; he claims the investigation was “cursory” and the charges “malicious and unsubstantiated.”
A candidate in the contested election for College of DuPage Board of Trustees was previously fired from the college’s aquatics department after multiple people alleged incidents of verbal and/or physical sexual harassment, the Daily Herald reports. According to the paper, Frank Flores Jr. was employed as a temporary assistant aquatics manager in fall 2010 until a female lifeguard reported verbal sexual harassment, a claim corroborated by another female student, and a male student who also alleged physical harassment. A patron filed a separate complaint that Flores had made comments to her like, “I want to taste you” and “I peed in the pool,” the paper said. No criminal charges were filed, but after an investigation, Flores was fired on …
Monday, February 28, 2011
The Lemont Board of Trustees will meet Monday at 7 p.m. in Village Hall, 418 Main St.
The Lemont Village Board will hold its semi-monthly meeting Monday to discuss budget issues, easement agreements and improvements to the Houston Street water tower. Among items to be discussed: The meeting will be held at 7 p.m. in Village Hall, 418 Main St. For more information, call 630-257-1590.
Monday, November 8, 2010
A town hall meeting on plans for First and Fourth streets will be held at 6 p.m. on Monday at Village Hall.
The village of Lemont is hosting a a town hall meeting Monday night to discuss possible street connections from the Covington Knolls community to McCarthy Road. According to Assistant Village Administrator George Schafer, plans have been in the works since 2002 to connect roads in Covington Knolls to First and Fourth streets, which run into McCarthy Road to the north. Currently, residents can only access McCarthy Road from Walker Road to the east. Connecting First Street to Berkley Lane and Fourth Street to Keough Street would provide alternative routes from Covington, Schafer said. However, some residents have expressed concern about the impact the connections would have on traffic in the area, he said. The community is invited to discuss…
Sunday, November 7, 2010
The project is expected to be completed by the end of November.
Crews will begin working Monday to replace the old State Street water mains near downtown Lemont. Len Cox and Sons Excavating will work on the project, replacing exisiting parallel 4-inch and 8-inch water mains from Cass Street to Illinois Street with new 12-inch pipes. The cost will be $176,170, which is higher than the original engineer's estimate of $145,717. Drivers should be cautious when passing through the area, as flag personnel will be on site directing traffic, said Rose Yates, executive assistant for the village of Lemont. Approximately 70 percent of the project will be funded by the federal Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program, while the village will pay the remaining 30 percent. A public hearing on Lemont's …
Wednesday, September 29, 2010
The Lemont Board of Trustees accepted contracts Monday to begin replacing water mains along Warner Avenue and State Street. Construction is expected to begin in mid-October.
The village will spend more than $400,000 this fall to replace old water main pipes along Warner Avenue and State Street. The Village Board voted Monday to accept bids from two separate contractors, who will likely begin construction the third week in October. Len Cox and Sons Excavating will work on the State Street project, replacing exisiting parallel 4-inch and 6-inch water mains from Cass Street to Illinois Street with new 12-inch pipes. The cost will be $176,170, which is higher than the original engineer's estimate of $145,717. The project received only two bids, and the higher cost is likely due to the location, working conditions and complexity of the construction, according to Village Administrator Ben Wehmeier. The village will …
Tuesday, September 21, 2010
An overview of the village's Sept. 20 Committee of the Whole Meeting.
The following items were discussed Monday at the Lemont Committee of the Whole meeting: Scuba Diving at Heritage Quarries Village officials continued discussion of a proposed scuba diving facility at the Heritage Quarries Recreation Area along the Illinois & Michigan Canal. After the Planning and Zoning Commission denied the developer, Henry Fiene, a special use permit, the issue went to the Board of Trustees at their Aug. 23 meeting. The plan was shot down again after failing to get a majority consensus (the board was split 3-3) on rezoning and overturning the special use denial. However, the board decided to revisit the issue at a future meeting. John Quinn, a member of the village's Heritage Qurry Commission, spoke out against the issue…