St. Matthew Evangelical Lutheran Church
Like many other churches in Lemont, St. Matthew Evangelical Lutheran Church began in the mid-19th century when the area was being settled by European immigrants. After decades of growth, a fire destroyed the inside of the church in 1918. During the rebuilding process, the congregation used Bethany Lutheran Church's facilities to hold its worship services.
Today, the St. Matthew congregation still operates in the rebuilt facility on Lemont Street. In addition to weekly worship services, the church offers Bible studies, youth groups, Sunday School, music ministries and service opportunities.
- Hours: Worship services are held Saturday at 5pm and Sunday at 8am and 10:45am. Summer worship services (June - August) are held on Saturday at 5pm and Sunday at 9am.
- What makes this community special?: St. Matthew's mission statement is "Celebrating the Gospel! Sharing the Hope!"
- Denomination: Evangelical, Lutheran
- Services: Choir/music programs, Missionary programs, Study groups, Youth programs
- Recreational facilities: No