River Valley School
(630) 257-2286, ext. 2100 or 2103
Open since 2003, River Valley is the newest elementary school in the Lemont-Bromberek School District. The building houses approximately 565 students grades 3-5, and is adjoined to Oakwood School.
The school currently has four third-grade classes, five fourth-grade classes, six fifth-grade classes and one third/fourth split. As of 2009, 84.3 percent of students met or exceeded state standards, according to the state report card.
Led by Principal Debra Lynch, River Valley strives to "achieve a child-centered environment that promotes academic progress, personal and social growth, as well as development of life skills, self-esteem, and lifelong love of learning."
- Hours: Drop-off: 8:30am - 8:45am; Academic bell: 8:45am; Walker dismissal: 3:10pm; Dismissal for buses: 3:15pm; Pick-up: 3:10pm; Half-day schedule: 8:30 am - 11:45am
- Number of students: 565
- Public/Private: Public
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 30:1
- Parking: Free lot
- What makes this community special?: The faculty at River Valley has adapted to difficult financial times by providing new, alternative programs and and events for students. During the 2009-2010 school year, the staff put on "in-house" field trips by providing special speakers and assemblies
- Grade levels: 3-5
- Features: Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Library, Sports facilities