Old Quarry Middle School
(630) 257-2286, ext. 4100
Old Quarry, the middle school for District 113A, has been open since 1997 and serves approximately 900 students, grades 6-8. In addition to its core curriculum of math, science, social studies, literature/language arts and physical education, the school offers an encore curriculum of health, music, art, math lab, and writing and literature labs.
Despite recent budget cuts by the District 113A School Board that have eliminated extracurricular activities from Old Quarry, many parents have raised funds to support two booster clubs, the Warrior Booster Club and the Lemont Band Boosters. These clubs strive to keep the athletic and band programs running independently, using Old Quarry's name, mascot and colors.
Since the 2008-2009 school year, Dr. William Caron has been the principal at Old Quarry. Newsletters prepared by Dr. Caron himself are sent out to parents and faculty monthly.
The school's mission is to prepare students "to learn, succeed, and contribute responsibly in a safe, supportive environment, through a respectful partnership between school, family and community."
- Hours: Full day, 7:30am - 2:30pm; Half day, 7:30am - 10:45am
- Number of students: 952
- Public/Private: Public
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 30:1
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 60
- How engaged is the school with the community?: Old Quarry Middle School currently has three major organizations run by parents that support the school: PTA, Warrior Booster Club and Lemont Band Boosters.
- Grade levels: 6-8
- Features: Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Language lab, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: None