Markiewicz Funeral Home
Founded in 1890, Markiewicz Funeral Home has been a part of Lemont for more than a century. The business has been passed down from the original owner (Sam Markiewicz) to his grandson, Vic Markiewicz.
Located right on the edge of downtown Lemont, this funeral home features two chapels, a foyer and a lounge area. One chapel can comfortably seat 45 guests, with the other seating anywhere between 65 and 80. Bilingual services are offered, in both English and Polish.
Markiewicz Funeral Home offers a variety of coffin selections, as well as clothing, makeup, cremation and embalming services.
- Hours: Hours by appointment, although a 24-hour answering service is available.
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Payments accepted: Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Parking: Free lot
- Services (funeral services): Cremation, Embalming, Make-up
- Funeral chapel: Yes
- Religious affiliation: None
- What's your customer service philosophy?: "To treat every family as if they were our own and to try to ease the situation as much as possible," said licensed funeral director and embalmer Robert Theis.