Lemont United Methodist Church
Though the Lemont United Methodist Church has called its Custer Street location home since 1970, the congregation itself dates all the way back to 1860. Its original building -- the Old Stone Church on Lemont Street -- was built in 1861 and is now occupied by the Lemont Area Historical Society.
Today, the church holds regular services and also offers an array of programs and ministries for churchgoers of all ages. The church also reaches out to the community with its Open Pantry program. Founded in 1975, the Open Pantry provides food to families in need.
Lemont United Methodist Church is home to Happy Hands Pre-School, which currently has 14 classes. For more information, call 630-257-3112.
- Hours: Sunday: Communion service (first Sunday every month), 8:30am; worship service, 10:45am; summer worship service (June - Labor Day), 9:30am. See website for special holiday service times. Open Pantry is hours: Tue - Thu, 9:30am - 12:30pm
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of students: 125
- Religious affiliation: Methodist
- Accreditation/licenses: Department of Children and Family Services
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 10:1
- Number of faculty: 14
- Denomination: Methodist
- Services: Choir/music programs, Missionary programs, Study groups, Youth programs
- Recreational facilities: Yes