Lemont Area Historical Society
The Lemont Area Historical Society is a great stop if you want to learn more about the rich history of the community. It offers exhibits on Lemont's past and present, guided tours, a gift shop, a memorial library, and house history and genealogical research services. The site also hosts weddings and other special occasions. Call or visit the Web site for more information and inside photos.
- Hours: Tue, Fri, 10:00am - 2:00pm; Sat, 10:00am - 1:00pm; Sun, 1:00pm - 4:00pm.
- Ticket information: Adults: $2.00 Children 12 and over: $1.00 Society Members: free
- Student discounts: No
- Senior discounts: No
- Private parties: Yes
- Food/drink: No
- Alcohol served: No
- Coat/bag check: No
- Parking: On-street: free
- Restrictions: No smoking
- What makes this community special?: The small-town feel and rich history.
- What is an interesting historical or little known fact about this town?: Lemont's motto is "Village of Faith." In the Great Chicago Fire of 1871, the only commercial building to survive was made from Lemont limestone.
- Guided tours?: Yes
- Guided tour languages: English
- Audio tours?: No
- Gift shop: Yes
- Gift shop hours: Same as hours of operation
- Cameras allowed?: Yes
- Membership levels: Corporate, Family, Individual
- Mission: To preserve the history of Lemont through artifacts and information.
- Annual dues: Varies
- Membership requirements: http://www.township.com/lemont/historical/MembershipPage/BecomeAMember.htm
- Meetings: Monthly