Everyone who has lived in Lemont over the past two decades knows Chipain's. This unique grocery store was here long before other national chain grocery stores and is known for its personable employees and long-time customers. Owner James Chipain opened the store in 1988. The Chipain's managers say that its dedicated following is due not only to the fact that the grocery store offers some products customers can't find elsewhere, but also because the workers have a good one-on-one relationship with shoppers. They say two more qualities customers can expect is a relaxed environment and a display that will make shopping faster so they can get in and out of the store quickly.
- Fax: 630-257-0360
- Hours: Daily, 7am - 10pm
- Handicap Accessible: Motorized carts are available
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Products: Produce, meat, baked goods, deli products
- Food & dining options: Low calorie, Natural, Organic, Sugar-free, Vegetarian
- General services: Catering, Phone orders, Prepared foods
- ATM: Yes
- Parking: Free lot
- Private events: No
- What makes this community special?: "Just look at all the wonderful people," said general manager Jerry Siwinski.
- Grocery services: Bakery on premises, Beer, Butcher, Cheese shop, Spirits, Wine
- Firewood: No
- Ice: Yes
- Propane: No