Bethany Lutheran Church
Bethany Lutheran Church is one of Lemont's most historical churches. Founded by Swedish immigrants in 1872, the churh was known as the Swedish Evangelical Lutheran Bethany congregation. The church's first building was constructed at the corner of present-day Lemont and Division Streets in December 1873. Twenty years later, the congregation received a donation to construct a new building made of Lemont limestone. In 1940, the church officially changed its name to Bethany Evangelical Lutheran Church.
Today, the church is part of the Metropolitan Chicago Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. The church offers worship services and youth ministry on Sundays, and is led by Pastor John A. Lang.
- Fax: 630-257-7932
- Hours: Worship services held Sunday at 9:30am (June-August), 10:30am (September-May). Sunday school is held at 9:15am. Holy Communion is offered at 5pm Saturday.
- Founding Date: Oct 20 1872
- What makes this community special?: Bethany Lutheran Church has remained one of the most established religious institutions in Lemont for more than 100 years.
- Parking: On-street: free
- Denomination: Evangelical, Lutheran
- Services: Choir/music programs, Missionary programs, Study groups, Youth programs
- Recreational facilities: No