Celebrate cross-country skiing at Sagawau Preserve's winter wonderland. Experience the groomed trails at this slide-and-glide party for skiers of all levels, as snow conditions permit. Event takes place Jan. 25–26, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. For more information, contact 630-257-2045.
Following these rules for cross-country conduct will make your skiing safer and more fun.
- RESPECT OTHERS: Ski so that you don’t endanger or offend others.
- SKI RIGHT: Ski the right-hand track. Groups should ski single file on the right side of the trail.
- MEETING: Keep to the right when meeting. On hills, downhill skiers have the right of way.
- POLES IN: Keep your poles close to your body when near other skiers.
- KEEP TRAILS CLEAR: If you stop, get out of the track. If you fall, get up and out of the track quickly.
- WATCH YOUR SPEED: Suit your skiing speed to your personal ability, the terrain, visibility especially on hills. Keep a safe distance from skiers ahead. As a last resort, fall intention-ally to avoid a collision.
- DON’T LITTER: Don’t carry in what you cannot carry out. Carrying litter is easy — it’s light.
Also this Weekend, Don't Miss:FRIDAY, JAN. 24
Lemont Band Boosters Big Game Raffle at The Tap House Grill:
The Lemont Band Boosters is sponsoring the Big Game Raffle to raise funds for the Old Quarry Middle School Band and Choir Program. Come out and enjoy food and music from the Old Quarry Jazz Band, followed by more live music from 7 until 10 p.m. Raffle prizes include a Sharp 60-inch TV, iPAD and a $300 gift card to Best Buy. Raffle tickets will be available for purchase.
SATURDAY, JAN. 25
Lady Comet 8th Grade Girls Basketball Tourney: See St. Cyril face off against Old Quarry for the championship, 7 p.m. at Lemont High School.
SUNDAY, JAN. 26
S.S. Cyril & Methodius School's Open House: Stop into the school, 607 Sobieski St., after 10:30 am Mass for an open house. Tour the facility and meet the teachers.