Participating businesses will stay open until midnight during the event, which begins at 6 p.m. Speciality vendors will also be peddling their wares at various locations throughout the downtown area.
The Old Quarry Choir will perform at 6:30 p.m., followed by the St. Pat's Choir caroling at 7:30 p.m.
Babysitting and Santa's Secret Workshop Shopping will be held from 6 to 9 p.m. Kids can be dropped off at The Nail Inn Academy on Stephen Street. Girl Scout Troop 328 and volunteers will be doing crafts and movie time with children ages 3 to 12.
Adults only pictures with Santa will be held from 6 to 8 p.m. at Stonehouse Pub.
Also in Lemont this Weekend:• Infinity's Trans-Siberian Orchestra: The show starts at 7 p.m. Friday, Dec. 13, in the Lemont High School Performing Arts Center, 800 Porter St. Tickets cost $20 and are available through Lemont High School’s website.
• Friday Flicks: The Lemont Public Library will screen "Life of Pi" (2012) as part of its Friday Flicks series at 1 p.m. Friday, Dec. 13, 50 E. Wend St. Popcorn and beverages will be served. Registration is not required.
• Free SAT Practice Test: A free full-length SAT practice test sponsored by Kaplan Test Prep will be held at 1 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 14, at the Lemont Public Library, 50 E. Wend St. Sign up is required by noon Thursday, Dec. 12. For more information, contact Alison Colman at (630) 257-6541 or email@example.com.
• Breakfast With Santa at Cog Hill: The Lemont Junior Woman's Club will host a Breakfast With Santa Saturday, Dec. 14, at Cog Hill. The benefit, which provides gifts to local children in need, has two seatings available: 8:30 a.m. to 11 a.m., and 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Kids can enjoy breakfast with a personal magic show at their table. Every child gets to take a picture with Santa. There will also be holiday stories read by Mrs. Claus, sleigh ride, and Mrs. Claus' Craft Corner. The cost is $23 for adults and children 12 and older; $15 for children ages 4 to 11; $6 for children ages 1 to 3; and children under 1 are free. Families are asked to bring an unwrapped toy to donate to the Jeff Anderson Children's Foundation that will be delivered by Santa to local area children in need or suffering an illness. Alternately, attendees can choose to make a monetary donation that will be used to benefit local children in need throughout the year. Visit www.lemontjuniorwomansclub.org for more information and to purchase tickets.
• • Holiday Artists Bazaar: The Lemont Center for the Arts' fourth annual Holiday Artists Bazaar will continue through Dec. 22. Attendees can shop a selection of locally handmade arts and crafts. Usual gallery hours are noon to 4 p.m. Thursday, Friday and Sunday, and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, at 1243 State St, Unit 101.
• Lemont Park District's Breakfast With Santa: Kids can join Snoopy, Lucy, Charlie Brown and friends for a "Charlie Brown Christmas" from 9 a.m. to noon Sunday, Dec. 15, at the Lemont Park District, 16028 127th St. The breakfast will include made-to-order waffles, along with scrambled eggs, sausage and other favorites. Children will visit with Santa, have their picture taken with him, make a holiday craft and play holiday games. Register in advance. Visit www.lemontparkdistrict.org for more information or call (630) 257-6787.