Students and staff at Old Quarry Middle School were briefly evacuated Tuesday morning after a bomb threat was discovered on a bathroom wall.
Lemont-Bromberek Combined School District 113A Superintendent Susan Birkenmaier said the evacuation was ordered at 11:25 a.m. Tuesday while Lemont police and the Cook County Sheriff's bomb squad searched the building.
No bombs or threats were discovered during their investigation, Birkenmaier said in a statement.
Students and staff were allowed to resume regular activities at 12:45 p.m.
The incident is the second bomb scare in a week at Old Quarry. On Sept. 24, the school went on soft lockdown after a student reported seeing a bomb threat on a bathroom wall.
Calls to Birkenmaier and Old Quarry Principal Bill Caron were not immediately returned Tuesday afternoon.
In the release, Birkenmaier did not address last week's scare, but said that "District 113A and the Lemont Police Department take any threat to student and staff safety very seriously and will continue to investigate the threat that was posted."
District officials and Lemont police will continue to investigate the incident. Anyone with information is encouraged to call Old Quarry at 630-257-2286 or the Lemont Police Department at 630-243-2750.