The Kindergarten registration process for Lemont-Bromberek Combined School District 113A will begin Tuesday, Jan. 22. Parents and/or guardians may pick up registration packets at Oakwood School, 1130 Kim Place, Lemont, from 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Jan. 22 through Feb. 8. Registrants should enter the school through the main set of doors (#20) on the east side of the building.
To be eligible to enter Kindergarten for the 2013-2014 school year, students must be 5 years of age by Sept. 1, 2013.
Documents Required for Registration
To register a child for District 113A’s Kindergarten, parents/guardians will need to present the following documentation and proof of residency:
- An ORIGINAL county birth certificate (hospital certificates do not meet this requirement) to verify the child’s age. Birth certificates can be ordered through a currency-exchange facility or county office.
- Home closing documents, the most recent real estate tax bill, or a signed lease (If you do not have any of these documents, but you are permanently residing with a current resident of SD113A, please obtain the necessary proof of residency forms from Oakwood School)
- Two of the following: A current drivers license, state picture ID card, utility bill, voter registration card and/or vehicle registration
- Beginning Jan. 22 and continuing through Feb. 8, Kindergarten registration packets will be available for pick up in the Oakwood School Office.
- Registration will take place by appointment only during select daytime and evening hours the week of Feb. 11.
- Appointments may be scheduled at the time you pick up your packet or by contacting Kim Hayes at 630-257-2286, ext. 1100, after Jan. 21. Please bring your completed packet along with required original documents to your registration appointment.
Morning or Afternoon Kindergarten?
- Morning and afternoon placement will primarily be determined by bus route. Placement will not be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Parents will be notified of A.M./P.M. determination during the summer.
- Once A.M. and P.M. sessions are determined, parents may choose to enter the “choice” lottery for an A.M./P.M. preference.
Editor's note: The above information is from a press release issued by School District 113A and from the District 113A website.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
There are plenty of ways to keep up on Lemont news: