From Nov. 12-25, the Lemont Police Department partnered with the Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) to remind motorists to buckle up and to not drive impaired as part of a “Click It or Ticket/Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over” mobilization effort.
Local police joined other state and local law enforcement agencies to reduce highway fatalities by cracking down on unbuckled motorists and impaired drivers, both day and night.
From Nov. 12-25, Lemont Police Department efforts resulted in:
- 12 seat belt citations
- 4 DUI arrests
- 1 felony arrest
- 1 stolen vehicle recovered
- 2 fugitive apprehensions
- 6 suspended/revoked license citations
- 3 uninsured motorist tickets
- 5 disobeyed traffic control device tickets
- 2 disobeyed stop sign tickets
- 2 possession of cannabis tickets
- 1 underage consumption of alcoholic liquor ticket
Crash numbers from Nov. 12-25 included:
- 5 hit and run reports
- 2 personal injury crashes
- 15 property damage crashes
IDOT awarded the Lemont Police Department federal grant funding to conduct another traffic safety mobilization, which will cover the Christmas and New Year’s time period.
Editor’s note: The information above is a press release from the Lemont Police Department.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
There are plenty of ways to keep up on Lemont news: