Judges made a $5 donation for the Lemont Food Pantries to spend an hour tasting and rating each one of the 23 entries.
The winners were:
5- to 8-year-old contenders
- Appetizer/salad: Kylie Meloni, Pita Bread Balsamic
- Appetizer/salad: Ellie Cuiching, Strawberry Romaine Salad
- Entrée: Nawahl Bouchari, Piggy Pillows
- Dessert: Caitlin Brennwald, Graham Cracker Pudding Tarts
- Entrée: Bridget McCuffin, Rea’s Chili
- Dessert: Abigal Pacyga, Crushing Chocolate
- Entrée: Haley Heeg, Cream Cheese Enchiladas
Judges selected the winning entries by awarding them with the highest score. Those entries that earned the highest score in each of the three categories were awarded gift certificates also donated by local restaurants.
Each child present, their families—and all of the very full judges—enjoyed the opportunity to celebrate the creativity and talent of all of these amazing
All donations, judging fees, and half of the 50/50 Raffle raised $306 for the Lemont Food Pantries, assisting with the pantries' fresh food voucher fund.
If you have any questions about the Kid's Cook Off or the Lemont Food Pantries please feel free to contact Terri O'Neill-Borders via email email@example.com or phone 630-257-2522 ext. 13.
Submitted by Terri O'Neill Borders