- Shop 'til you drop at Church of the Nazarene's children’s clothing and toy resale event from 9 a.m. –noon at the church at 12725 Bell Road. More than 200 sellers will display thousands of pre-inspected, gently-used and new items, from clothing (infant-junior size 16, shoes, baby equipment and furniture, electronics, games, books, costumes and more. Sales are cash only.
- Bring your gently-used books to the Lemont Public Library, 50 E. Wend St., to donate to the Friends of the Library book drop-off. Donations are tax-deductible and proceeds will benefit the Lemont Public Library.
- Donate a pair or more of new socks for Girl Scout Troop 259's sock drive to benefit Lemont families in need. Drop-off socks at MB Financial Bank, 1151 State St.; Lemont Library, 50 E. Wend St.; Chipain’s Finer Foods, 1100 State St.; and The CORE Fitness Center, Lemont Park District/127th St.
- Have fun while learning about the village's rich history at the Lemont Historical Society's annual Lemont Street Fair. The event, which is from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the 300 block of Lemont Street, will feature free activities for kids, entertainment, an antique and craft market, sales of rummage and bakery items, as well as pumpkins and fall décor.
- Help raise funds for the Ditty Children’s Education Fund "Patty's Pride," from noon to 5 p.m. at Christ Community Church at 13400 Bell Road. The event will include raffles, a DJ, a bags tournament and entertainment for kids. Tickets cost $15 for adults and $10 for children.
- Show off your knowledge of music as the men’s club at St. Patrick Church hosts Music Trivia Night from 6:30-10 p.m. at the church, at 200 E. Illinois St. The adult event costs $10 per person at the door and will benefit the St. Patrick Music Ministry. Participants are encouraged to bring a team of six – or join a team the night of an event.
- Dust off your Little Deuce Coupe or just bring the entire family out to enjoy the classic cars at The Lemont Classic Car Club's Cruise Night from 4 to 7 p.m. at Christ Community Church, 13400 Bell Road. Registration for participating cars is $20 and begins at 3 p.m.
- Vote one more time to help Lemont High School win a $100,000 grant from State Farm Insurance through the company's “Celebrate My Drive” contest. Head over to Yorktown Shopping Center in Lombard anytime between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. to cast a vote for LHS – and watch hands-on exhibits, meet a Chicago Bull and more.
- Go back to church at Emmanuel Baptist Church's “Back to Church Sunday” at 8:15 and 10:45 a.m. at the church, 1191 McCarthy Road. Community members are invited to take part in the initiative, which is part of National Back to Church Sunday.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
There are plenty of ways to keep up on news: