A Joliet doctor is treating three women — 18 to 25, middle-class and suburban — who took "krokodil," a heroin substitute that's become known as the "flesh-eating" drug because it causes gangrene and abscesses so severe that muscles, tendons and bones can be exposed.
The village board heard an unusual proposition last week from a trustee who wants government officials to fill out a detailed form listing all sexual partners. He says this will strengthen the local ethics code.
An Orland Park man accused of trying to set up a sex date with what he thought was a teenage girl advertising her availability on Craigslist broke down in tears in court this week. And he got fired from his job.
After the Summit Hill School District 161 board voted against proposed Walmart incentives for land owned by Lincoln-Way High School District 210, foes of the Tinley Park development urged the Lincoln-Way board also to vote "no" — and deprive the district of millions of dollars it would get for selling the land on Harlem Avenue and 191st Street.
- Jurors to Hear of Allan Kustok's Trysting in His Murder Trial
- Trendy Robbers Snatch Gucci Wallet from a Dapper Man
- Bicyclist Fell and Later Died During 2013 Cruise the Creek
- Tinley Cop Hurt During Rear-End Crash in Frankfort
- Woman Sues Walmart After Tripping Over Pumpkin Signs
Real Estate: Wow, What a House