The National Weather Service has issued an excessive heat warning for the Chicago region, with temperatures climbing into the high 90s, and a heat index of 100-degrees-plus on Tuesday.
Power usage will be at its peak as residents and businesses cool off with air conditioners, possibly causing brownouts or power outages in the Lemont area.
ComEd encourages customers manage energy use efficiently while keeping cool during the heat.
- Cool only the rooms in use
- Run appliances like the dishwasher and washing machine at night.
Those in need of a cooling center in Lemont may visit any of the following locations:
- CORE Fitness and Aquatic Facility, 16050 W. 127th St.: Open 5 a.m. to 10 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 5 a.m. to 8 p.m. Friday, and, if necessary in emergencies, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Call 630-257-6787.
- Centennial Community Center, 16028 W. 127th St.: Open 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Friday, and, if necessary in emergencies, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday through Sunday. Call 630-257-6787
- Lemont Township Office, 1115 Warner Ave.: Open 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. Call 630-257-2522.