NEW LENOX – Will County Animal Control will once again help cover the cost of spays or neuters at participating veterinarian offices.
Throughout October, Will County Animal Control will cover $40 of the cost of the operation for up two animals per household for pet owners who live within the County limits and go to a participating Will County veterinary clinic.
“Last year’s spay and neuter program was a great success,” said Will County Executive Larry Walsh. “Will County Animal Control reimbursed participating veterinarian clinics for altering 1,025 pets. This year we’ve already surpassed the 2012 total, with 1,271 pets altered. We hope October will be another successful spay/neuter drive.”
To be eligible for the $40 off of a spay or neuter:
· Pet owners must show proof of residence in Will County;
· Pets must be registered with Will County Animal Control and reside with the owner;
· Proof of current certificate of rabies must be provided on the day of surgery;
· Pets must also have a Will County rabies registration tag. (Rabies vaccination and tag purchase can be purchased the day of surgery.)
· Surgery must take place by Thursday, Oct. 31.
Pet owners should call their veterinarian’s office to make sure it is participating in the program prior to surgery to ensure they will receive the discounted rate.
Will County Animal Control is under the County Executive’s office and is led by Dr. L.P Schild. For additional information, about this program, call (815) 724-1521.