Invite a friend
Veterans Day Commemoration
Join us as we "Learn to Say Thanks" to the veterans of World World II.
Our featured speaker will be Dennis Gagnon, a volunteer with Honor Flight Chicago, whose mission is to recognize and thank WWII veterans by bringing them
to Washington, D.C. for a day of honor.
You will also have the opportunity to meet Edwin Ogonowski, WWll veteran who served on the USS Missouri as a Seaman First Class 40 mm Gunner’s Mate during the Pearl Harbor attack. He was also present on the USS Missouri during the signing of the armistice to end the war. Mr. Ogonowski also served in Guam, Philippines, Okinawa and Tokyo Bay.
We invite all WWII veterans to join us so we may thank them for their service to our country.
More About Lemont Public Library
The Lemont Public Library is one of the village's true gems. Utilized regularly by the community, the library features thousands of books, DVDs, CDs and other items as well as a number of services. Aside from the wide variety of materials available for checking out, the library also offers computer classes, book clubs, public events and more.
Other events here
- Quilters Club Weekly on Wednesdays, 9:00 am–1:00 pm
- Defining Your Legacy: An Estates Consideration Workshop Wed, May 22, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Book Buzz Discussion Group at Lemont Public Library Tue, May 28, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- GREEN Teen Scene Weekly on Fridays, 10:00 am
- Little Sprouts Garden Program Weekly on Fridays, 10:00 am–11:00 am
- Junior Master Gardeners Weekly on Fridays, 11:00 am