- Parking permits for commuters who ride METRA's Heritage Corridor Line from Lemont will go on sale from 9 a.m. to noon at Lemont Village Hall’s temporary location at Central School, 410 McCarthy Road. Each commuter is limited to the purchase of one permit, and permits will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Don’t miss the final day of the Friends of the Library book sale – from 10 a.m. to noon, followed by a bargain sale from 1-3 p.m. (Purchase a Friends of the Library bag and fill it with books for $2.) The sale takes place at the Lemont Public Library, 50 E. Wend Street.
- Vendors will be selling everything from jewelry to pet accessories, floral arrangements, candles and more, at the sixth annual Autumn Colors Craft Show, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Romeoville Recreational Center, 900 W. Romeo Road (135th Street) in Romeoville.
- Members of three local Catholic parishes – SS Cyril and Methodius, St. Patrick and St. Alphonsus – will participate in a community procession on the feast day of Our Lady of the Rosary. All are invited to join in to honor the sanctity of life with the tri-parish procession, which will begin at 3 p.m. starting at the grotto at St. Cyril and Methodius at 608 Sobieski St. The procession will end in St. Alphonsus Church at 210 E. Logan St. with Scripture reading, intercessions for life and benediction.
- The Lemont Athletic Club (LAC) will hold a fundraiser for its sixth-grade boys’ team beginning at 3 p.m. at Front Street Cantina at 319 Front St. Besides watching the Chicago Bears take on the Jacksonville Jaguars, guests can enjoy tasty Mexican food and listen to live entertainment, including local musician Conor Matthews.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
There are plenty of ways to keep up on Lemont news: