- Bring the entire family to Lemont Township’s Oktoberfest, planned for noon to 8 p.m. at the Lemont Township Community Center at 16300 Alba Street. Fest-goers can purchase food and drinks from Three Corners Grill & Tap, try their hand at pumpkin carving and buy a pumpkin to take home from Puckerville Farms - and enter their own home-baked treats in the fall homemade dessert competition. The event, which will also feature a 50/50 raffle and live music performed by local musicians, will benefit the Lemont Township Family Assistance Fund to help provide much-needed emergency assistance for households in Lemont Township.
- Watch Chef Mike Niksic prepare a variety of great recipes for your next tailgate picnic, from 4-5 p.m. at the Lemont Public Library at 50 E. Wend St. The Outdoor class will cover grill preparation, building a fire, choosing good utensils, cool seasoning blends and a tremendous marinade applied and sampled Recipes will be provided and beverages served. In case of inclement weather, the program will be held inside.
- Bring out your own classic car or just pack up the entire family to come out and enjoy The Lemont Classic Car Club's Cruise Night from 4 to 7 p.m. at Christ Community Church, 13400 Bell Road. Registration for participating cars is $20 and begins at 3 p.m.
- Support the Lemont Girl Scouts at their annual pancake breakfast fundraiser from 8 a.m. to noon at the Lemont Community Center, 16300 Alba St. Tickets cost $7 for adults and kids ages 13 and older; $6 for seniors; and $5 for kids ages 5-12 (free for ages 4 and under) and may be purchased at the door. Dine-in or take home a carry-out. Bake sale and silent auction items will also be available for purchase.
- The Lemont Citizens Police Academy Alumni Association will sponsor a fundraiser to support the Hope and Friendship Foundation of Lemont, from noon to 10 p.m. Sunday at The Vault Café and Bar at 308 Canal St. The Vault will donate 10 percent of the day’s receipts, plus all gratuities, to the non-profit Hope and Friendship Foundation, which offers assistance to community members in need. Members of the Lemont Citizens Police Academy Alumni Association will act as servers at the event.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
There are plenty of ways to keep up on Lemont news: