A new park district program is encouraging residents to bike the town this summer during the "Tour de Lemont."
The Lemont Park District kicked off the family fitness program Wednesday during Pack the Park at Covington North.
Through Tour de Lemont, families are encouraged to ride their bikes to each of the park district's 24 parks.
"The idea of the program is to get families out on their bikes, and also promote all of our parks," said Pam Carter, recreation supervisor for the Lemont Park District.
Families who sign up receive a "Fun and Family Fitness" passport to fill with photos documenting each park visit. Families who visit the most parks will be recognized by the Lemont Park District, and will receive prizes.
The program runs through Aug. 8. The cost to participate is $5 for residents and non-residents.
Families should visit the following parks for the Tour de Lemont program:
- Abbey Oaks, 1347 St. Vincent's Drive
- Amberwood, 12300 Walker Road
- Ashbury Wood, 1400 W. 128th Place
- Bambrick, 1330 Smith Road
- Briarcliffe, 13440 Briarcliffe Drive
- Brown, 20 E. Custer
- Carriage, 1032 Blacksmith Lane
- Connemara, 12815 Waterford
- Centennial, 16028 W. 127th St.
- Miracle Field, 16028 W. 127th St.
- Rock Pit Skate Park, 16028 W. 127th St.
- Covington Knolls, 1003 Covington Drive
- Covington North, 1308 Covington Drive
- Derby, 1246 Country Lane
- Hilltop, 690 Kruk St.
- Jaycee, 1125 Glenys Drive
- Kensington, 13598 Cambridge Drive
- Legion, 111 Main St.
- Lions, 60 W. Roberta Drive
- Mayfair, 16421 Christopher Drive
- Northview, 1115 McCarthy Road
- Rolling Meadows, 16526 Pasture Drive
- Timberline, 43 Timberline Drive
- Virgina Reed, 51 E. Eureka Drive
For more information, visit www.lemontparkdistrict.org.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -