Where Do I Vote in Lemont?
Don't forget to vote! Find your poll location and ballot summary in Lemont.
Do you know where to go to vote on Election Day 2012? If not, you can use the handy Google Voter Info embed above to find the location of your designated polling place. Simply enter the address where you're registered to vote.
This tool's data has been updated to reflect changes that may have been caused by Hurricane Sandy.
For details and articles about candidates on the ballot in Lemont, check out Lemont Patch's November 2012 Election Guide.
The polls will be open from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. Here are your rights as an Illinois voter, according to the Illinois Attorney General.
- Voters have the right to vote if they are in line when the polls close at 7 p.m., or at any other time between 6 a.m. and 7 p.m. on election day.
- If a voter makes a mistake or "spoils" a paper ballot and the voter has not cast the ballot, the voter has the right to receive a replacement ballot.
- If a voter cannot read, has trouble understanding English, or is disabled, that voter has the right to request assistance from anyone other than his or her employer, an agent of his or her employer, or an officer or agent of his or her union.
- Voters have the right to take unpaid time from work to vote, but no more than two successive hours, as long as they have applied with their employer before election day. The employer may set the time of day.
- No one is allowed to try to influence a voter within 100 feet of a polling place.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
There are plenty of ways to keep up on Lemont news: