Electrical Fire Damages Home in Lemont
Lemont firefighters responded to a house fire Sunday morning in the 1200 block of St. Brendan's Court.
No one was injured Sunday morning in a fire that broke out in Lemont's Abbey Oaks subdivision.
The Lemont Fire Protection District responded around 7 a.m. to a home in the 1200 block of Brendan's Court, where a fire had apparently started in the electrical system.
The fire caused significant damage to the home, leaving it uninhabitable, according to fire officials.
Lemont Fire Chief Carl Churulo said a man was home when the fire started, but he was able to exit without injury.
A firefighter was treated for dehydration during the blaze, Churulo said.
The fire, which left the home uninhabitable, is still under investigation.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
There are plenty of ways to keep up on Lemont news: