Death Notices, March 5 Edition
Memorials and upcoming visitations at area funeral homes.
Markiewicz Funeral Home
- Floyd J. Bromberek, 86, formerly of Lemont. The U.S. Navy veteran and Purple Heart recipient served in World War II and the Korean War. The father and grandfather was an active member of the Lemont V.F.W. Post 5819.
Modell Funeral Home
- Geraldine "Gerry" Guzzaldo (nee Prisco), of Downers Grove and formerly of Woodridge. Memorials for the wife, mother and grandmother can be made to the Zaccone Family Foundation (for breast cancer), Hinsdale.
- Alyce S. Majewski (nee Timoshuk). The wife, mother, grandmother and great-grandmother helped form the Darien Active Seniors Club; was a volunteer at Hinsdale Hospital and a home for unwed mothers; and was a Darien Park District Senior Woman of the Year. Memorials can be made toSt. Jude Children's Research Hospital.
Toon Funeral Home
- Mary Alice Moylan, 93, of Darien. The wife, mother, grandmother and great-grandmother served as an Army nurse during World War II. Memorials for the former member of Holy Trinity Catholic Church can be made to Carmelite "Dementia Care" c/o Carmelite Carefree Village.
Hallowell & James Funeral Home
- Doris J. Beck, of Woodridge. She was a member of Woodridge United Methodist Church and held a longtime career at Illinois Bell. Visitation will take place at 10 a.m. March 9 at Woodridge United Methodist Church.
Patch Funeral Home Guide
Are you looking for more information about area funeral homes and services? Would you care to review the services provided by a local funeral home? Click on the funeral home names to see the Patch Places listing for each business to write a review or learn more about the funeral home.