Death Notices, Jan. 22 Edition
Death notices and memorial services at area funeral homes.
Petkus Lemont Funeral Home
- Zianida Nagys Katiliskis, 85, of Lemont. Services will be held Jan. 25.
Gerharz Funeral Home
- James Delbert "JD" Beavers Sr., 92, of Romeoville. The U.S. Army veteran served in World War II and raised Black Angus cattle and crops on his farm after retirining. The St. Matthew Luther Church member served on the school board of Lockport's District #92 from 1964 to 1976. He also also a member of American Legion Post #243 in Lemont, the American Angus Association and the Will County Farm Bureau.
Markiewicz Funeral Home
- Everett Stanley Peebles, 76, of Lemont. Since 1976, the husband, father and grandfather owned and operated General Surface Hardening in Chicago. Memorials can be made to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, Memphis, TN.
- Francis V. Carberry, 93, of Lemont. The U.S. Army veteran served in World War II had a career as a camera and lighting engineer at ABC. The husband, father and grandfather also was a lifelong volunteer at the St. Joseph Church in Homewood. Memorials can be made to the the Alzheimer's Association.
- Gloria B. Padilla, M.D., 86, formerly of Lemont. Memorials for the wife, mother and grandmother can be made to the American Diabetes Association.
Patch Funeral Home Guide
Are you looking for more information about area funeral homes and services? Would you care to review the services provided by a local funeral home? Click on the funeral home names to see the Patch Places listing for each business to write a review or learn more about the funeral home.