Cook County Residents Among Unhealthiest in State
Nearly a quarter of Cook County adults lack physical activity and over a quarter are obese.
A recent study lists Cook County residents as some of the least healthy in the state. We rank 78th healthy out of 102 counties, according to The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.
The report also provides a snapshot of health statistics for Cook County. Here are a few:
- 26 percent of Cook County adults are obese
- 24 percent of Cook County adults lack physical activity
- 19 percent of Cook County adults smoke
- 21 percent of Cook County adults drink excessively
- 20 percent of Cook County residents are uninsured
- 10 percent of Cook County children live in poverty
The survey was based on several factors, including length of life, quality of life, clinical care, health behaviors, socioeconomic factors and physical environment.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
There are plenty of ways to keep up on Lemont news: