April Traffic Enforcement Crackdown Nets 23 Arrests, 186 Tickets
The Lemont Police Department increased patrols last month using a Commercial Motor Vehicle Speed Enforcement Program (CMV-SEP) Grant awarded by the Ilinois Department of Transportation.
The Lemont Police Department made 23 arrests and issued nearly 200 tickets last month during a traffic enforcement crackdown.
Lemont police were recently awarded a Commercial Motor Vehicle Speed Enforcement Program (CMV-SEP) Grant, which allowed the department to hire back officers for the enforcement of speed regulations for commercials vehicles, as well as other traffic safety laws.
The CMV-SEP grant is funded through the Illinois Department of Transportation's Division of Traffic Safety.
Breakdown (April 2012)
- Driving Under the Influence: 7
- Occupant Protection (Seatbelt) Violation: 11
- Warrant Arrests: 3
- Driving with a Revoked/Suspended License: 7
- No Valid Driver's License: 6
- Uninsured Motorist: 18
- Speeding: 89
- Drug Arrests: 3
- Other Moving Violations: 38
- Registration Offense: 17
- Equipment Violation: 5
- Underage Consumption/Possession of Alcoholic Liquor: 5