A Friendly Bears/Packers Competition - With a $100 Gift Card at Stake
Lemont Patch and Woodridge Patch are asking readers to guess the final score for Sunday's Bears v. Packers game. The winner will take home a $100 Target gift card.
The Bears will host the Packers in the NFC title game Sunday at Soldier Field in a rivalry that dates back to 1921 when the Chicago Staleys beat the Packers 20-0 at Cubs Park.
But you didn’t need to read this article from Chicagobears.com to know that, did you?
And what’s a 90-year rivalry (complete with 181 regular-season games and only one prior playoff contest) without a contest into which YOU can sink your teeth?
That’s exactly what we thought, too.
So, the Patch reader from Lemont or Woodridge who comes closest to guessing the correct Bears vs. Packers score on Sunday’s game wins a $100 Target gift card.
HERE’S HOW IT WORKS:
• If you’re a Lemont Patch reader, simply comment on the bottom of this article with your name and what you think the final score for Sunday’s game will be. (Example: Benny Bears Fan, Bears 102, Packers 0.)
• To qualify, you need to have Lemont or Woodridge address.
• All entries need to be received by 2 p.m. Sunday, when the game starts.
• To determine the winner, we will take the difference between actual points scored and predicted score for each team, and add them up for everyone who posted in the comments section on both sites. The person whose combined total is closest to zero wins. And it doesn't matter if the points you give are higher or lower than actual points scores, we're just looking for the person who has the lowest differential.
• If two or more people tie for being the closest to the actual total of points scored, a random drawing will be held to determine the winner of the gift card.
• Only one entry allowed per person. All participants must be 18 years or older. You can read our official giveaway guidelines here.
So, please, comment away. And tell your friends. Let’s see if Lemont Patch can get more entries than Woodridge Patch. Just for a little friendly rivalry…